url (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=12481422)
More than 19 million people lost their homes in northern India and Bangladesh due to the flood season as well as at least 186 people are reported dead. Usually the monsoon season starts from the month of June to September, which is beneficial for agriculture, but on a downside, they resulted flooding, and put people in danger by losing their homes including numerous deaths. Since I've been reading most articles on Bangladesh's situation with the floods, I keep pondering if this country can meet one of the MDG goals. Since the article stated that the monsoon season occurred annually in the summertime, I just realized the government or the UN cannot change the nature of that if they have a desire seeing Bangladesh to improve the economy as well as becoming developed. They can't do anything about that when the worst flooding seasons arrive in the southern Asian countries. I just think it's impossible to see that they have to meet these goals by 2015, that's ridiculous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment